The Sandwell Volunteer Bi-annual Awards (now in their 7th year) aim to promote the positive contributions of individuals and groups and celebrate their achievements. It is an opportunity to recognise the people who have made a positive difference to their community and to our society
Whilst volunteers give up their time with no expectation of reward, it is important that volunteer organisations thank volunteers for their dedication and contribution they have made.
On Saturday 2nd June 2018 we will celebrate the achievement of our volunteers, when Health & Social Care, Community Organisation, Corporate, Environmental and Young Volunteer Awards will be presented.
Further special awards will also go to a Volunteer Co-ordinator, a Trustee and a Volunteer who has made an outstanding contribution for 25 or more years.
The 2018 Ceremony is set to be even more special as it marks the 40th anniversary of Volunteer Centre Sandwell and also takes place during National Volunteers' Week.
So, if you know an individual or a group whose contribution should be recognised, just fill in the Nomination Form and tell us why they deserve a Sandwell Volunteer Award!
All those nominated for an Award will receive a Certificate, regardless of whether they are shortlisted for an Award.
A volunteer that has been active in helping to improve their local environment. This may involve picking up litter, painting, improving their local facilities in some way.
A volunteer from the statutory or commercial sector – someone that is instrumental in getting their organisation to give back.
Long Service Volunteer
The intention is to recognise and reward length of service of a volunteer with 25 years or more of voluntary service.
Health and Social Care Volunteer
A volunteer that has supported the health and wellbeing of others.
A volunteer or group of volunteers who have shown a great deal of community spirit. This could be taking part in a voluntary or community organisation or helping out in their commun
Trustees are volunteers who work together to uphold the mission and vision of the charity and to support the executive team in developing strategy.
Who has made an outstanding contribution to levels and/or standards of volunteering.
A volunteer that is aged 25 or under.
For further information or to receive a nomination pack please contact Reuben Taylor-Phillips on 0121 544 8326 or email email@example.com
Nominators please note:
- Nominations now open. All nomination forms must be returned on or before Monday 16th April 2018
- Nominate people for their commitment in the last 2 years only (except the 'Long Service Volunteer' Award).
- It is the nominator's responsibility to get permission from the nominee(s) before submitting this form and ensure relevant forms are completed and returned (e.g. parental consent/image consent/registration forms/correct spelling of names).
- No claims will be entered into for lost or missing applications. Supporting information will not be returned.
- All applications will be judged by the Sandwell Volunteer Awards committee and their decision will be final.
- Only the shortlisted candidates and their chosen guest will be invited to the Sandwell Volunteer Awards event.
- It is the Nominator's responsibility to ensure that forms are completed and returned by Monday 16th April 2018 to:
Sandwell Volunteer Awards, Volunteer Centre Sandwell, Municipal Building, Freeth Street, Oldbury, West Midlands B69 2AB.
Acceptable filetypes for upload:
- .pdf (Portable Document Format; Adobe Acrobat)
- .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word Document)