Stanley’s Youth Club aims to provide fun, quality youth club sessions in a safe, friendly environment for young people living in the area of Springfield Rowley Regis.
It aims to give the young people of the area opportunities to try new activities such as art & craft and other leisure pursuits to gain self-esteem and new skills.
The club provides a meeting place for young people to socialise outside school hours, which allows new friendships to develop.
Membership is open to all young people living in the area of Springfield Rowley Regis who are between the ages of 8-14 years old (Year 3/9)
Stanley’s Youth Club has policies in place which recognise that there are many diverse groups in society. It will ensure that no eligible person will be discriminated against.
In the 2 years we have been open we have had lots of fun and are proud of our achievements.
- This year we were thrilled to be nominated for the Rowley Regis community award. Although we did not win we felt honoured to be nominated and to receive a framed certificate.
- Through successful grant applications it has been possible for the members to work with a musician and artist to broaden their skills.
- We have visited Dudley zoo and the Black country museum as a group
- Our club performed a panto of Snow white to the community in 2018 and aim to perform Cinderella this year
- Stanley’s also wants to ‘give back’ and we have donated hampers to the Salvation army and raised funds for the Birmingham Children’s hospital
As we are self funding we rely upon volunteers to support our work at the club. We would welcome support from anyone who feels they could make a positive contribution to our members.
- Help children to set up equipment
- Support activities as required
- Make staff drinks
If anyone is interested in chatting to gain more details contact can be made with the owner of the club Sue Powis firstname.lastname@example.org